There have been quite some changes in the past 24 hours, and a few more will follow:
- I changed the theme to Garland. I kept the green theme because I like it and it’s the traditional color of the chemistry degree in my native city. The theme is not perfect, and I am tweaking it as I write. I will also have to check past posts to see if they behave correctly.
- As a passionate (but inexperienced) beekeeper and gardener, I decided to start a new blog at Gaia.ForTheScience.org. It will mainly focus on my personal adventures in outdoor and non-computer-related activities, such as gardening, beekeeping, and cooking (Italian cooking, specifically), with a scientific eye and strong accent on discovery and experimentation that can be useful to others. I decided for the split because I expect the audience to be different: I already have plenty of movies and pictures to post, but I felt this blog as not appropriate for this content.
- I removed the failed experiment of wavemol.org, which I started during a relatively well-received, but not financed application for a Marie Curie grant I applied for. After the grant was declined, I kept the domain trying to reinvent its purpose, but I found myself not particularly driven to do any more work on it. For a while, I helped a friend and hosted the p4vasp code, and received good traffic, but after the code was moved to a dedicated site, the traffic declined to spambots and I decided to terminate it for good. The URL now redirects to this blog.
- I will soon remove WPML translations. The plugin has gone commercial, and I am not posting a lot in Italian to justify the transition. I don’t know how the current Italian posts will be handled after the removal, but my guess is that they will collapse into the current blog timeline. I might still post in Italian and provide translation posts, but they will appear directly in the current progression. I doubt this will be excessively annoying for current readers, as I normally post translations when the English post is no longer on the main page or the RSS scope.
- I removed the redundant twitter lateral pane, leaving more screen for code and scripts that occasionally ended up being hard to read or to copy/paste. I will keep posting updates on twitter every time there’s a new post (it’s automatic)